Friday, September 12, 2008

Just a Thought

The other day, I got bad news that my good friend Michele did not make it through the police academy. It was heart breaking because this was her second time through. To know her, you know she would make a great street cop. She is smart, level headed, and knows her stuff. I have never seen anyone so dedicated or determined to pass as her. She passes the written tests, the practicals, everything. The only thing keeping her from her dream of being a police officer is a 6 foot wall. A SIX FOOT WALL!!!!! Come on people.......How can 6 feet define if a person gets to be a police officer or not. It's ashame. I have worked patrol and I am going to tell you, I am not jumping a six foot wall after a suspect.....Too dangerous. They can be waiting on the other side waiting to ambush you or shoot you. It's stupid....set up a perimeter. Anyhow, she says she will put herself through the academy one more time. I know she will make it this time. I don't think anything will keep her back this time. Go Get 'Em Michele.

2 comments:

Michele said...

Aww..thank you Dave! I will make it over that 6 foot wall this time and in record time!

The Photoguy said...

I know you will. I don't have a doubt about it. Put all your fight and determination into it and I know you can do it. There are a lot of people on your side that know you will make a great officer. I am here for you.